How we have cared for your tree
Growing a quality tree is one of the most labor intensive farm crops. Here is a quick summary of how we grew the "best ever" Christmas tree for your family's enjoyment.
- Planted it as a 2-3 year old transplant.
- Watered it if necessary during the first 2-3 years.
- Mowed or sprayed around it to keep the weeds down.
- Fertilized it annually (Spruce and Fir) from about 3’ high to sale.
- Sheared (trimmed and shaped) it each year from about 3’ high to sale, to give it fullness and taper.
- Sprayed it as necessary to control a variety of diseases and pests.
- Greened it (if a pine) to maintain its lush summer coloration (pines turn pale in the fall from a lack of chlorophyll as temps drop below freezing).
- Shook it after cutting to remove any dead needles and baled it (size/temp permitting) to facilitate transport and setup.
- Tied it on your car.